It’s been a while since our mobile audio department last went all-out with a car-customization project (see the 2012 Nissan 370Z Makeover), but we decided to change that when we got our hands on this new Jeep Wrangler Sahara from that wonderful folks over at Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM.
If you’re a graphics professional, serious gamer, or just someone who loves having lots of screen real estate, the new LG 34UC97-S 34″ Ultrawide Curved IPS Monitor is a display you should take a look at. This monitor ticks every box on a list of features you’d want in an ideal monitor. The better-than-WQHD resolution of the 3440×1440 pixels gives plenty of room for intensive visual work or play. Easily tile two or even three full-size windows next to each other while you’re writing or coding, pull your graphics palettes to the side while working on a full-height image in PhotoShop, or game in glorious 21:9 wrap-around vision. The curved screen of the 34UC97-S envelops your field of view and combined with the IPS panel, you’ll get vibrant, accurate colors even at extreme angles. Extensive inputs—including DisplayPort, and a pair each of Thunderbolt and HDMI ports—ensure this widescreen monitor easily integrates into whatever system you’re currently running.
Check out our unboxing video here, or jump to the bottom to see our quick overview of features.
Valentine’s Day is just a few short days away, and if you still haven’t found the perfect something for that special someone in your life, Abt can come to your rescue with a variety of beautiful gifts. While Abt is best known as a place to buy home appliances and electronics, we’ve also got plenty of products that make perfect Valentine’s Day gifts for your sweetie.
2015 marks the 79th year in business for Abt Electronics. We’re still family-owned and operated, and still always looking for ways to give our customers the best shopping experience possible, both in-store and online. The Abt Customer Appreciation Sale is just one way we can give back to the loyal customers who have helped us get this far. During the sale, you’ll find discounts on thousands of products throughout the store. Stop by our Glenview location or shop online. Either way, you’ll get access to great savings, an unmatched product selection, and the award-winning customer service that has helped Abt make its mark over the last eight decades. But you’ll have to hurry! The sale ends Feburary 8th!
Click here to access the sale: http://www.abt.com/promo/customer_sale
Josh The Technologist stopped by the WCIU TV Studios today to talk Game Day gadgets with the ladies from You & Me This Morning. Hit play to hear about our must-haves for Sunday’s big match-up or any of your favorite sporting events.
Here are the items shown in the video:
There’s still time to stop by and grab a game day gadget in time for kickoff!
One of the ultimate winter comfort foods gets revamped in this Super Grilled Cheese recipe. With multiple melty cheeses and crusty bread toasted to perfection in your panini maker, these creamy, crispy sandwiches will be a big hit at your party.
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
10 slices sourdough bread
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- Combine mayo and cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the garlic powder and cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, continue mixing.
- Evenly spread cheese mixture onto five slices of bread. Top with the remaining bread and spread butter on both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook in panini press until cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Pregame snacking doesn’t get any easier than this tasty Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn. Just a few ingredients take your plain popcorn from simple to savory. The only thing about this Italian-inspired snack that should give you concern: your guests might eat so much of it they’ll ruin their appetites.
1/2 cup popping corn kernels
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Pop corn kernels in your popcorn maker. 1/2 cup of kernels should yield about 4 quarts of popcorn
While warm, toss popcorn with cheese, olive oil and rosemary. Salt to taste, or leave unsalted and allow guests to do so.
Tired of being told the Guac costs extra? Make your own with this simple recipe that comes to us from the culinary experts at Cuisinart. It’s quick to prepare and uses fresh ingredients, making it a great alternative to less-healthy dips from off the store shelf.
Some tips: For the best taste, make sure your avocados are ripe. A ripe avocado will be very dark green (almost black) in color and will be just slightly soft—enough to yield under firm pressure. If you’ll be doing your shopping a few days ahead of your party, pick out avocados that are firm to the touch and let them ripen in your kitchen.
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 small onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro,stems discarded
3 ripe avocados,halved, pits removed
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Outfit your food processor with the chopping blade and turn the machine on. With the food processor running, add the garlic and jalapeno pepper until finely chopped.
- Add onion and cilantro and pulse 5 times to chop. Scrape everything back down the sides of the bowl.
- With food processor off, scoop out insides of avocados in pieces directly into the bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt. Pulse food processor until the guacamole is at your desired consistency, which should be about 10 to 15 pulses.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Looking to make a meal full of flavor, but simply don’t have the time? Our slow cooked BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich is the perfect treat for The Big Game. Simply toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, set the timer and let the All-Clad Slow Cooker do the cooking for you.
2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (4-1/2- to 5-pound) boneless pork shoulder (also known as pork butt), twine or netting removed
2 cups barbecue sauce (optional)
- Place the onions and garlic evenly in the slow cooker and pour in stock or broth.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and measured salt together.
- Rub the spice onto the pork and place on top of the onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook until tender: 6-8 hours on low high and 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove pork to a cutting board.
- Strain onion and garlic mix, set aside liquid and return onion and garlic mix into slow cooker.
- Use a fork to shred the pork into small piece and discard large pieces of fat.
- Place shredded meat back into slow cooker
- Add and mix barbecue (optional).
- Or add ¼ cup of strained liquid onto shredded pork until moistened.
Perfect for your hot wings or added to these Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls, this buffalo sauce will add an extra kick to your kickoff appetizers. The no-cook recipe takes less than ten minutes from start to finish, thanks to the speed and power of a Vitamix Blender.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1 orange, peeled, halved
1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch cube fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove, peeled
2 inch strip of orange peel
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix blender. Liquids first, then the orange, ginger and garlic.
- Set your Vitamix to Variable 1.
- Turn the blender on, slowly increasing speed to Variable 10 and then to the High setting.
- Blend for about 45 seconds until contents are smooth.