Valentine’s Day might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create a memorable night for yourself and your significant other. We’ve compiled a list of everything you need to make your Valentine’s Day night in special no matter what your interests are; think gifts and fun at-home activities. Additionally, we’ve included some mouth-watering recipes for a romantic dinner for two right at home. Ready to get romantic? Keep scrolling:
Valentine’s Day Activities
From movie night to a video game tournament, there’s no shortage of fun things to do on the most romantic day of the year. Whether your couple vibe is sentimental or more competitive, we have everything you need to create the perfect night in from start to finish. Additionally, many of these items are also great gift ideas so you can surprise your special someone with a gift they can enjoy right away.
Rom Com Movie Marathon
Get in your feels with a classic rom com (or something more dramatic—whatever floats your boat). Make some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch with your old faves or the newest Netflix original. Of course, their on-screen love stories can’t compare to yours. Add an extra cinematic touch with a projector.
If you and your favorite person both have a competitive streak, why not face off in Mario Kart or Fortnite? Or, you can team up and face opponents together. Opponents are no match for the power of your love! Whichever way you like to play, Abt’s selection of video games and gaming consoles will make it happen.
On the other hand, if traditional games are more your vibes, no worries. A game of pool or poker minimizes screen time but is still just as fun. Maybe your partner loved air hockey as a kid—what better way to reconnect than playing an old favorite with them? Letting go and having fun is a great way to get closer as a couple.
Audiophiles need love, too! Cue up your favorite record on the vinyl player to set the mood. Play a song that reminds you of your loved one or recreate your first dance at your wedding for an extra-special moment. You can enjoy a romantic moment together or let out your silly side with a high-energy playlist.
Cook a Romantic Valentine’s Day Meal Together
Of course, nothing screams romance like an incredible meal. Cooking together is an easy way to bond as a couple; you’ll be able to create something to enjoy together. Have one of you tackle the side dishes while the other whips up the main course. If you need inspiration, look no further; our delicious Valentine’s Day dinner for two is included below.
Valentine’s Day Dinner
Medium-Rare Sous Vide Steak for Two
2 8 oz. to 12 oz. boneless ribeye, tenderloin or strip steak
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1. Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 130°F.
2. Generously season steaks with salt and pepper. Place steaks in a zipper lock or vacuum seal bag, then seal the bag with the water immersion method or with a vacuum sealer.
3. Place the bag in the water bath and set the cooker timer for 2 hours.
4. After 2 hours, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove steaks from the bag and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel.
5. (Optional) Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear each side for 30 seconds each side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Scalloped Potatoes for Two
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in a small pot, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic and cook until it starts to brown. Add flour, salt and pepper and whisk until there are no lumps.
4. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly to keep mixture smooth.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
6. Slice the potatoes into ⅛” thick slices and spread them in a small baking dish.
7. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced or garlic power
Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Red Velvet Valentine’s Day Truffles
Ingredients (Yields 30 Truffles)
1 box red velvet cake mix, baked according to instructions
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. white chocolate chips
Toppings of your choice (sprinkles, edible glitter, etc.)
1. Prepare red velvet cake according to the box instructions.
2. Once finished baking, crumble the red velvet cake in a bowl.
3. Mix in cream cheese with a hand mixer or spatula until smooth.
4. Roll into 1 to 2 tbsp. balls and chill.
5. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
6. Evenly coat the cake balls in melted white chocolate.
7. Decorate and serve!
Valentine’s Day might look a little different this year. However, staying in doesn’t mean your celebration can’t be fun, memorable and romantic. Abt is there for you from start to finish so you can make this day extra special. If you need a last minute gift, feel free to visit us in-store or check out Abt.com!