You’ve just taken possession of your new appliance. Congratulations! The first thing to do is find the warranty card, fill out the necessary information, mail it to the manufacturer. After all the time you spent picking which product you wanted, don’t you want to know how to get the best use out of it? Grab a cup of tea or a glass of soda and learn about all the wonderful things your new toy can do for you.
The appliances we use today are much more advanced than ones made years ago. There are water-saving features with dishwashers and washing machines, and “energy-saving” is the buzzword for refrigerators and cooking appliances.
Here are just a few helpful hints I’d like to share with you.
- Dishwashers and washers require less soap than your old units. The soap dispensers in dishwashers do not need to be filled all the way, and too much soap leaves a white powdery film.
- Using a rinse-aid in the dishwasher helps the dishes to dry faster, leaves less spots and is recommended by the manufacturer.
- If the washing machine says to use HE soap, purchase only that kind. It is created just for these machines and a very small amount is required. More doesn’t always mean better (it only applies to chocolate and sleep).
- If you’ve gotten a refrigerator, be advised that it takes up to 24 hours for it to “settle” and know that it’s in a new home. This would be a good time to remove any tape holding parts in place, because if you wait until later it may not come off and I speak from experience…years of experience.
- Since we’re talking about refrigerators, stainless steel seems to be popular with a lot of folks. The biggest problem (granted, it’s cosmetic) is fingerprints. We have a premium stainless steel cleaner that works like a charm on those handprints. It’s Eco-friendly, made by Bayes and is only $9.95. They also make Eco-friendly cleaners for glass, ceramic, enamel, granite, marble, natural stone surfaces, barbecue cleaner and protectant, wood and bamboo cleaner, and even leather upholstery. All these products are only $9.95 for 125-175L per bottle.
- If you need a special part, our Appliance Parts Department can order any part for your appliance.
For more information, please contact our appliance service department or speak with a customer service representative through our live chat tool.