If you stopped by our amazing and incredibly informative Weber grill demo last month, you might have tasted some delectable offerings from the rep who helmed the grill. During Weber’s most recent visit to the store, Grillmaster Ben Marlatt cooked up some succulent prime rib and a concoction called “pig shots”. Upon seeing these mouth-watering meat treats on our Instagram and Twitter, many inquired about what exactly was being served. Luckily, we were able to coerce Mr. Marlatt into sharing his secrets with us. And so because you demanded it, here are the recipes for Weber’s Rotisserie Prime Rib and Pig Shots!
Rotisserie Prime Rib
- Prime Rib
- Kosher Salt
- BBQ Rub
- 1. 24 hours before cooking, rub kosher salt all over the prime rib and place in refrigerator uncovered to let meat absorb the salt.
- 2. Set up your rotisserie and add coals to one side of the kettle so the temperature of the grill is 275 to 300 degrees.
- 3. Add your favorite beef BBQ rub to the prime rib and insert the rotisserie through the center of the prime rib and slide the prime rib to the center.
- 4. Place on the grill and add hickory chunks to the coals. Keep the lid closed throughout the cooking process. Towards the end of the cook, start basting with butter and rosemary.
- 5. When the internal temperature of the prime rib reaches 120 degrees, remove the prime rib from the grill. Tent for 15-20 minutes, then slice and eat!
- Smoked Sausage
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ Sauce
- Tooth Picks
- 1. Cut the smoked sausage into ½ inch thick pieces, then cut bacon in half to wrap the smoked sausage to imitate a shot glass.
- 2. Use tooth picks to hold the bacon to the smoked sausage.
- 3. Mix a package of cream cheese and two cups of your favorite shredded cheese. Stuff the mixture into the “shot glass” and top with brown sugar. Do not overfill because it will expand while cooking.
- 4. Grill at 375 – 400 degrees until the bacon is done.
- 5. Drizzle BBQ sauce on top of the “shot glasses” when finished cooking.
With such a delicious menu for one of our weekly grill demos, who knows what else Weber could bring out for the Great Abt Grill Out this weekend! Make sure that you’re here in our parking lot on that day from 11:00am – 3:00pm as we turn up the heat on grilling season.