Being a full-time student, and working at the same time can be a little hectic. There will be days where I will just carry-out, but sometimes I just want that comfort you get from home cooked meals. This fettuccine recipe is great for busy bodies that need to whip up a meal in a snap. The sauce comes out to be creamy, flavorful and beautiful in color. By the time you start cooking the sauce, the aromas of the roasted bell peppers, basil and bacon will make you glad you decided to cook this dish.
- 1 box of fettuccine pasta
- 2 jars of roasted bell peppers roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 large basil leaves rough chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 3 strips of cooked bacon chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil for pasta to cook in. Cook until “al dente”, be careful not to overcook the pasta because it will cook a little more once we make our sauce and put it over the pasta. Once pasta is cooked, strain, toss it with some olive oil and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat melt butter with the olive oil. Begin to sauté the garlic for a minute, then throw in the chopped onions until soft and translucent. Once onions are cooked, throw in the roasted bell peppers, basil, and bacon. And cook for about 3 minutes so we can get all those flavors together.
- In a blender, throw in the peppers, garlic, onions, basil and bacon you cooked and blend until smooth. Once all blended, put into sauté pan over medium heat. Stir in the chicken stock and stir for a minute or 2. Then go ahead and mix in the heavy cream and cream cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir slowly until sauce thickens and cream cheese is all melted. Once sauce thickens, turn down to low heat and add in the pasta.
- Toss pasta to make sure its coated with the sauce. Let the pasta sit for 5 minutes covered and toss again. Plate pasta, garnish with some chopped basil or some cooked bacon chopped.