Still need a Father’s Day gift? DIY BBQ rub to the rescue!
Father’s Day is two days away, and you might find yourself in a bit of a jam in the gift-getting department. Maybe you procrastinated, and now it’s too late to have a new BBQ grill delivered, or maybe you’re a little strapped for cash. Or maybe you’re just looking for a personal touch to go with that eleventeenth tie. If so, we’ve got you covered. This year, reach way back and practice the most important lesson you learned about gifts when you were a kid: it’s the thought that counts. If your dad is a barbecue aficionado, then he no doubt loves his marinades and rubs. Instead of picking a random one off the grocery store shelf, whip up a batch of this sweet, smokey DIY BBQ rub! It will only take a few minutes, and chances are you already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen. Present it in a mason jar with a custom label, and you have a gift that Dad will enjoy for many days to come.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all spices into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until the spices are evenly combined. Make sure to break up any brown sugar bits that may clump together.
- Using a funnel or parchment paper, pour the DIY BBQ rub into a mason jar.
- Add a ribbon and tag, and you've got a great gift for Dad!