Like we said earlier this week, one of the best things about football season is hitting the stadium parking lot for a day of tailgating. For football fans who prefer to avoid the crowds, a close second is to put the game on at home and have the gang over for a Sunday filled with fun and finger foods. Scrambling for something to bring to the season-kickoff party? We whipped up this tasty Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread, which is easy to make, easy to serve, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
1 french loaf bread (or 2 smaller loafs)
8 oz block cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
3 cups shredded chicken, (1 rotisserie chicken shredded)
1 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup Mexican-style cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup bacon bits
- First, preheat your oven to 350° F, and place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- While oven preheats, cut off the top half of your french loaf, about 1/4 of the way down.
- Hollow out the center of your loaf, so you end up with something that looks like a bread bowl, then place the hollowed out french bread on the cookie sheet.
- Place the shredded chicken, cream cheese, Frank’s Buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and both shredded cheeses into a large bowl and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour your buffalo chicken mixture into the french bread and make sure to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle some more of both cheeses on top, along with the green onions and bacon bits. Bake in the oven for 25-35 mins or until cheese looks melty.
- Let bread sit for about 10 mins, then slice and enjoy!