One of the great joys of summer backyard living is sitting out around the firepit and roasting some after-dinner s’mores. But if you’re an apartment-dweller who can’t just build a fire on your patio, or you’re simply uncomfortable around an open fire, you can still enjoy the warm, gooey goodness of melted marshmallows and chocolate with this easy-to-make recipe. These S’mores Cookies are filled with the same great tastes as the traditional campfire treat, with none of the danger.
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter warmed to room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 Milk chocolate bars broken into 24 pieces
- Place parchment paper on your baking sheet and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Turn speed down to low and add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth, remember to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Continue on low speed, add graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Mix in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips
- Using a 3-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the dough onto baking sheet, spacing out dough evenly.
- Bake for 6 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven, and carefully place 3 mini marshmallows onto of the cookies. Return to the oven and bake for 6 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press one piece of chocolate (from broken chocolate bars) onto the top of each cookie. The heat from the cookie with melt the chocolate slightly.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 mins and then transfer to wire rack to fully cool.