Great news! Since our Holiday Favorites Blog entry was a huge success, recipes are here to stay! My name is Leah, part of Abt’s Internet team, and every week I will be sharing some Abt-solutely delicious recipes that you will have a great time making and eating! If I’m not at work, you’ll definitely find me at home in the kitchen. Whipping up new recipes is such a fun thing for me and I hope it is just as fun for you ! Feel free to share these recipes, comment on how your dish turned out or even your take on it! Until next time, I hope you all enjoy this recipe and the rest of your week
This Mini Meatloaf recipe is definitely a crowd-pleaser. No fancy techniques needed. With the tangy sauce, and creamy cauliflower puree, you can’t have just one –guaranteed! It’s a great recipe and kids love helping out when it comes to forming these little loaves.
3 lbs of ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/2 tablespoon of dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper to taste
1-2 sprigs of rosemary for garnish
For Cauliflower Puree
1 heads of cauliflower cored and separated into 2-inch florets
1/3 cup of heavy cream
1-stick of unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray pan with cooking spray/ or a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, saute chopped onions until translucent and soft. After onions are cooked, in a large bowl combine the cooked onions, ground beef, dried oregano, salt, pepper, eggs, breadcrumbs, and milk. Combine thoroughly.
3) For the sauce on top of the meatloaves, combine mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Stir, set aside,
4) Spray mini muffin/ regular muffin pans with cooking spray. Form beef into small balls with the top flattened slightly. Depending on the pans you are using, for a regular muffin pan scoop about a 1/4 cup full into each tin, if using the mini cupcake/muffin tins, scoop 1/8 cup full into each tin. Spoon on and spread sauce over each loaf before loading pans into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until temperature of meat is at 160ºF.
5) While meatloaves are cooking, boil a pot of salted water for cauliflower to cook in. This should take about 7 minutes. As the cauliflower is cooking, in a small saucepan, melt a stick of butter over low-medium heat. Spread the leaves off of the thyme sprigs into the butter. Let that cook for about 3 minutes.
6). Once, cauliflower is tender, strain out water.Working in batches, add cauliflower to a Food Processor, or blender and pulse until smooth. Then transfer to a bowl. Repeat until cauliflower is all used. Once all cauliflower is pureed, pour in the thyme and butter mixture in the bowl and mix thoroughly. Season salt and pepper to taste.
7) After the meatloaves have finished baking off in the oven. Let cool loaves cool for 5-8 minutes. You can top cauliflower puree with a spoon or use a piping bag to top these meatloaf minis with the puree. Pluck two-three leaves of the rosemary for garnish, and bon appétit!