Great news for those looking to upgrade their refrigerator or washing machine! Abt is participating in the Utility Energy Efficiency Loan program to help you get the new appliance you’ve been waiting for that will save a little money on the monthly utility bill. It’s simple – you purchase, on loan, an Energy Star qualified high-efficiency refrigerator or washing machine (restrictions apply) at fixed 4.99% interest rate, and the balance is added as a line item to your ComEd bill. You then have 3, 5, or 10 years to pay it off – for less than $20 a month.
This program is aimed at greatly reducing the footprint left on our environment by legacy appliances, by making the newer, more efficient models, affordable to those who want the upgrade. You get a new refrigerator or washing machine at a special interest rate and pay it off as part of your utility bill. Also, for those who purchase a new refrigerator, you may receive an additional rebate by having your old fridge picked up for free and recycled in an environmentally responsible way. For clothes washers, you will qualify for an instant $75 rebate on select Energy Star units.
To get started….
- Apply online
- Bring the pre-approval letter in to Abt, and the cashiers will validate the information with AFC First and provide AFC with product selection.
- Sign Disclosure/Note and Credit Application and send to AFC First.
- After everything is documented, signed, submitted, and confirmed, the appliance can by scheduled for delivery.
- We will notify AFC First after the appliance(s) have been delivered and installed. Then AFC will contact you to ensure the installation is to your satisfaction.
- You reap the benefits of a modern, high-efficiency appliance.
There are some requirements applied to the appliance of choice…
Requirements to participate in financing for refrigerator:
- Must be Energy Star Refrigerator of at least $500, and no more than $1,400, plus taxes, delivery and replacement water hose (if needed)
- Must recycle old refrigerator and obtain ComEd recycling rebate confirmation number for loan paperwork
- Customers without a refrigerator to recycle do not qualify
- Refrigerator must be delivered to address on Loan Pre-Approval and Abt will always install. NO PICK-UPS!
- Neither installation of new water line nor purchase of service contracts are eligible for the loan and if desired, must be paid for by customer directly
- Price adjustments or returns will not be refunded to customer, but returned to the lender, AFC First.
Requirements to participate in financing for clothes washer:
- Price of unit no less the $475 plus taxes, delivery and replacement water hoses (if needed)
- Clothes washer must qualify for ComEd $75 clothes washer rebate
- Washer must be delivered to address on Loan Pre-Approval and Abt will always install. NO PICK-UPS!
- Neither the installation of a new water line, service contracts or pedestals are eligible for the loan and if desired, must be paid for by customer directly
- Price adjustments or returns will not be refunded to customer, but returned to the lender, AFC First
For more information visit https://www.ilenergyloan.com/comed/ac.php
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Hilarious stories about hairless cats? Go ahead, pour out your heart in the comments.
Connect with Scott on Google+