I recently spoke to the internet sales specialists at Abt, and I asked them what customers most frequently asked when they called in… I was surprised to hear that they all received the same questions repeatedly. So, I thought I would take a minute to post the most commonly asked questions and an answer to them.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do you price match?
Yes, Abt price matches with authorized dealers of products. Usually authorized sellers appear on the manufacturer’s brand page. If you have trouble locating that information, just give us a call and we can assist you with determining if the store you would like to price match is an authorized seller.
2. What are Abt’s store hours?
Abt’s store hours are located here.
3. Where is Abt located, and when I call in am I speaking to someone at that location?
Abt’s directions and directions are available here.
4. What are Abt’s delivery areas?
Abt delivers and does service within 100 miles of the store. Here is a delivery and service map:
5. How can I tell which water filter is right for my refrigerator?
If you have purchased a refrigerator in the past 6-12 months, then you can simply go on Abt.com and look for accessories under the manufacturer of the refrigerator and the correct filter will be listed. If you have a model that is over a year old, you can call an Abt sales specialist for assistance in finding the filter for you.
6. How much is shipping on my item? You can calculate the shipping cost for your item(s) on Abt.com. For example, look at the image below. The customer is buying a large microwave to be shipped to Los Angeles, CA. You will input your zip code and shipping will be calculated for you. Abt offers free shipping on thousands of items throughout the store.
7. Do I have to pay tax? Only if you are a resident of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, or Wisconsin you will have to pay the tax for your state.
Wisconsin: 5.1%-5.5% depending on the county in which you reside.
8. Are the product that you sell new or refurbished?
Abt sell new products as well as floor models, otherwise known as open box. If you are looking for an open box item, you may request that, otherwise you are going to get a new item.
9. Why can’t you ship Wolf, Sub-Zero, GE Monogram, Kitchen Aid, Viking, Thermador, GE Café, and Jenn Air products to me?
Abt is bound to a contract with the manufacturers of those products. Based on the contract, you can purchase Kitchen Aid products on-line, but they can only be shipped within 100 miles of the store. Likewise, the other brands have restricted delivery areas, but can’t be purchased on-line.
Wolf, Sub-zero, Kitchen Aid, Viking, and Thermador can be shipped to a 100 mile radius of the store, see map below:
Jenn Air can be shipped to a 150-mile radius, see map below:
GE Monogram and GE Café can be shipped to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, and Kentucky, see map below:
10. What is 3D and how can I get it?
3D is the latest TV technology and anyone can get it at home. You will need a few necessary components that can make 3D in your living room a reality: a 3D or 3D-ready TV, 3D compatible HDMI cables, a 3D Blu-ray player, a 3D satellite or cable box, and 3D active shutter glasses. For more information on 3D technology, take a look at the 3D guide on Abt.com.