Remember, tomorrow Abt opens at 7:30 am for the Energy Star rebate program. It starts tomorrow at 8 am and ends April 28th at 9 pm, or when funds run out—whichever comes first. We expect the 6.2 million dollars to run out quickly. Due to the limited funds, a cap of $400 has been put on the rebate amount per appliance. Only in-store purchases are eligible for the rebate. Energy Star qualified clothes washers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, and room air conditioners from participating retailers will be eligible for the rebate.
Here are a few program rules to keep in mind:
• Only one rebate per product category, per household is allowable. For example, a customer may receive a rebate on an ENERGY STAR refrigerator as well as a qualifying dishwasher, but would not be eligible for two dishwasher rebates.
• Only Illinois residents are eligible for these rebates. Home zip code must be supplied at point of purchase.
• Rebates will not be retro-active; they will be available for only the periods announced.
• No rebate will be offered to customers who are representing a company or using corporate funding to purchase appliances. In addition, retailers will have the right to refuse to have the appliances delivered to a place of business.
• Only residential-scale equipment will qualify. Only installations in Illinois will qualify. Installations in commercial space will not be applicable.
• All appliances must be delivered by May 28, 2010 – close of business
For Disabled Citizens
Disabled individuals physically unable to make their purchases in-store may do so by calling a participating retailer. This is ONLY for persons physically unable to make their purchases in-store. The State reserves the right to revoke any and all rebates made by individuals violating or misusing this stipulation.
For more information on the Energy Star rebate program, view Abt’s Energy Star State Appliance Rebate Program information page.