Weekends at Abt are filled with customers, bargains, and the sweet smell of freshly baked cookies. Each weekend, Abt’s famous cookie kitchen is staffed with the cookie girls who give our customers warm cookies and coffee, all with a smile.
I stopped by the cookie kitchen on Saturday to talk to the cookie girls, Maria and Nicole. Little did I know that they would have lots of interesting stories about their experiences as the cookie mavens.
Based on all of the interesting stories from the cookie girls, I thought I would create the cookie girls’ top five list of experiences.
5. A younger customer came in and liked the cookie girls and the idea of making cookies so much that he spent an hour “helping” in our cookie kitchen.
4. A few of the customers have brought baggies to make sure they had cookies for home.
3. Some customers visit every weekend for the delicious cookies.
2. Some of the adult customers have been caught taking cookies directly from the cookie sheet — and have all been lucky not to burn their hands.
1. The cookie girls talk to Abt customers while they are making cookies. One rainy day, a cookie girl noticed one of the customer’s umbrellas and mentioned she forgot hers at home. The customer then offered to come back at the end of her shift and escort her to her car.
Come meet the cookie girls and have yummy chocolate chip cookies each Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am to 6pm. Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie?