Pioneer unveiled their new line of receivers. Similar to the current models, the VSX series, the newer units will be able to dock an iPad to play music. What differentiates Pioneer’s new receivers from other manufacturer’s receivers that can dock an iPad, is that Pioneer’s are fully iPad compatible. This means while you are listening to music, the iPad is charging at the same time.
Archive for the ‘Learning Center’ Category
Crystal Clear HD TV, there’s really nothing like it. That’s why our next giveaway prize will be Toshiba’s 19” LCD Flat Panel TV, model 19C100U. Enjoy programming on this sleek, picturesque television. If you haven’t yet, join us on Abt’s Facebook page for a chance to win and be informed with our daily updates and deals!
Getting your gifts to their destination is the last and possibly most important step when ordering online. We know how much people value security and timeliness for their special packages. We here at Abt have made shopping online something to be more confident about. If you make your purchase by 2pm Central Standard Time on December 17th, your items will make it to you or your recipient in time for Christmas.
Don’t worry about any post-sales return or exchange difficulties. We’ve extended our return policy to January 15th, 2011. For more information, follow our holiday shipping link.
Last night I got a call from a good friend of mine who sounded frantic on the other end. She explained to me that the computer she uses every day in her college courses started making this strange noise. There was a constant “clicking” sound coming from her hard drive every time the unit would boot up. The computer would not even make it to the home screen. Being experienced with computers and computer problems, I knew exactly what the problem was: a damaged hard drive. An inexpensive fix, but priceless files, such as her school documents, photos and music collections were lost.
When just a hard drive is broken, the computer itself is okay. The monitor, processor, RAM, all operate, but if a hard drive is damaged, the computer will not load because of the lack of an effective operating system. A hard drive can be replaced, and your computer’s original supplied restore disc will allow you to upload an operating system, unfortunately once it’s damaged, more often than not, all the information you saved on it cannot be retrieved.
The best advice I can give anyone who actively uses their computer, is to back up your documents and files. This can be done as many times as you want and you can use standard CD-Rs, or DVD-Rs, but if you really want to be secure I recommend LaCie’s Rugged external hard drive. It plugs in easily via USB, has a huge internal memory of 500 GB and can travel with you wherever you go. This is an inexpensive investment that will save you not only time, but any grief from losing any valuable files that can never be restored.
The founder of the Bosch Company, Robert Bosch once said, “I would rather lose money than the trust of my customers”. In keeping with that company mantra, Bosch was pleased to announce their new extended 10 year motor warranty on their line of Bosch Vision washers and dryers.
In doing so, Bosch believes that the high quality motor used in their Vision products fully meets the high quality standards and traditions of the company. The extended warranty is effective on those Vision washers and dryers purchased after April 1st, 2010. This means, if you purchased and had a unit delivered after that date, the unit’s internal main motor is covered if a replacement is needed. If you own a Vision unit and would like to know more about the warranty, give us a call at 888-228-5800.
You’ve just taken possession of your new appliance. Congratulations! The first thing to do is find the warranty card, fill out the necessary information, mail it to the manufacturer. After all the time you spent picking which product you wanted, don’t you want to know how to get the best use out of it? Grab a cup of tea or a glass of soda and learn about all the wonderful things your new toy can do for you.
The appliances we use today are much more advanced than ones made years ago. There are water-saving features with dishwashers and washing machines, and “energy-saving” is the buzzword for refrigerators and cooking appliances.
Here are just a few helpful hints I’d like to share with you.
– Dishwashers and washers require less soap than your old units. The soap dispensers in dishwashers do not need to be filled all the way, and too much soap leaves a white powdery film.
– Using a rinse-aid in the dishwasher helps the dishes to dry faster, leaves less spots and is recommended by the manufacturer.
– If the washing machine says to use HE soap, purchase only that kind. It is created just for these machines and a very small amount is required. More doesn’t always mean better (it only applies to chocolate and sleep).
– If you’ve gotten a refrigerator, be advised that it takes up to 24 hours for it to “settle” and know that it’s in a new home. This would be a good time to remove any tape holding parts in place, because if you wait until later it may not come off and I speak from experience…years of experience.
– Since we’re talking about refrigerators, stainless steel seems to be popular with a lot of folks. The biggest problem (granted, it’s cosmetic) is fingerprints. We have a premium stainless steel cleaner that works like a charm on those handprints. It’s Eco-friendly, made by Bayes and is only $9.95. They also make Eco-friendly cleaners for glass, ceramic, enamel, granite, marble, natural stone surfaces, barbeque cleaner and protectant, wood and bamboo cleaner, and even leather upholstery. All these products are only $9.95 for 125-175L per bottle.
– If you need a special part, our Appliance Parts Department can order any part for your appliance.
For more information, please contact our appliance service department or speak with a customer service representative through our live chat tool.