A healthy start is usually easier said than done, especially if your New Year’s resolution includes exercising more and eating better. For many of us, a new year means it’s time for a fresh start and a new workout regimen. It may seem hard at first but that’s okay – it’s all about baby steps and we have just the right thing to help ease you into your new year’s transition. Our healthy post-workout smoothie is a great, refreshing way to end your day of exercise. This smoothie is packed with protein, it’s easy to make, and happens to be quite delicious. So let’s get take a look at what you’ll need to begin your healthy start now and continue to stay on track!
– 1 banana, peeled and sliced
– 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
– 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
– 1/2 cup coconut water
– 1/2 cup almond milk or plain Greek yogurt
– 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
– Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
– Serve immediately, if desired sprinkle extra chia seeds on top.
If you find your smoothie is too thick, add more coconut water. Or if it’s too thin, add a handful of ice.
We used the extremely convenient Magic Bullet Blender to complete this delicious smoothie recipe!