Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork – Recipes For The Big Game
Looking to make a meal full of flavor, but simply don’t have the time? Our slow cooked BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich is the perfect treat for The Big Game. Simply toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, set the timer and let the All-Clad Slow Cooker do the cooking for you.
2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (4-1/2- to 5-pound) boneless pork shoulder (also known as pork butt), twine or netting removed
2 cups barbecue sauce (optional)
- Place the onions and garlic evenly in the slow cooker and pour in stock or broth.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and measured salt together.
- Rub the spice onto the pork and place on top of the onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook until tender: 6-8 hours on low high and 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove pork to a cutting board.
- Strain onion and garlic mix, set aside liquid and return onion and garlic mix into slow cooker.
- Use a fork to shred the pork into small piece and discard large pieces of fat.
- Place shredded meat back into slow cooker
- Add and mix barbecue (optional).
- Or add ¼ cup of strained liquid onto shredded pork until moistened.