Chunky Guacamole – Recipes For The Big Game
Tired of being told the Guac costs extra? Make your own with this simple recipe that comes to us from the culinary experts at Cuisinart. It’s quick to prepare and uses fresh ingredients, making it a great alternative to less-healthy dips from off the store shelf.
Some tips: For the best taste, make sure your avocados are ripe. A ripe avocado will be very dark green (almost black) in color and will be just slightly soft—enough to yield under firm pressure. If you’ll be doing your shopping a few days ahead of your party, pick out avocados that are firm to the touch and let them ripen in your kitchen.
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 small onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro,stems discarded
3 ripe avocados,halved, pits removed
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Outfit your food processor with the chopping blade and turn the machine on. With the food processor running, add the garlic and jalapeno pepper until finely chopped.
- Add onion and cilantro and pulse 5 times to chop. Scrape everything back down the sides of the bowl.
- With food processor off, scoop out insides of avocados in pieces directly into the bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt. Pulse food processor until the guacamole is at your desired consistency, which should be about 10 to 15 pulses.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!